CARJA Yoga is committed to protecting any information that we collect from you. Please read the following Privacy Statement to understand how your personal information is treated.
What Personal Information We Collect From You
- We will collect the minimum amount of information about you that we need to provide you with a satisfactory service. Your use of this website gives us the right to collect that information.
- We may collect any or all of the personally identifiable information that you give us depending on the type of transaction you enter into, including your name, address, telephone number and email address, together with data about your use of the website.
- Other information that may be needed from time to time to process a request may also be collected as indicated on the website.
How We Use Your Personal Information
- We may use your information on an aggregated basis to do such things as operate and enhance our website and deliver advertising. We use the information collected on our website for a variety of purposes including improving the website and contacting users.
- We may use your information to communicate with you on products, services and benefits, to contact you for market research or to provide you with information we think may be of particular interest.
- In addition, if you make a purchase on our website, we may send you order and shipping confirmation emails. We will always give you the opportunity to opt out of receiving any of such materials.
- Your Internet browser has the functionality for storing small files (“cookies”) that hold information which allows a website to recognise your account. Our website takes advantage of this functionality to enhance your experience.
- You have the ability to prevent your computer from accepting cookies but, if you do, certain functionality on the website may be impaired.
Disclosure of Personal Information
- We do not sell, trade, or otherwise transfer to outside parties your personally identifiable information. This does not include trusted third parties who assist us in operating our website, conducting our business, or servicing you, so long as those parties agree to keep this information confidential.
- We may release your information when we believe release is appropriate to comply with the law, enforce our site policies, or to protect our rights, protect your safety, the safety of others or investigate fraud.
- Non-personally identifiable information may be provided to other parties for marketing, advertising, or other uses.
- We may disclose your personally identifiable information if we have your consent to do so.
How To Check, Change Or Remove Your Details
- Our Privacy Officer will endeavour to ensure that your Personal Information is accurate, complete, up to date and relevant to the purpose for which we are able to use your Personal Information.
- We may from time to time, communicate with you directly to promote our products or services. In each email or piece of marketing material that you receive from us, we will endeavour to attach simple instructions on how you can immediately unsubscribe from our mailing list. In any event, you can opt out from receiving promotional material by emailing our Privacy Officer and asking to be removed from the mailing list.
- If you wish to amend the Privacy Information because it is inaccurate, out of date, incomplete, irrelevant or misleading, or if you wish your Personal Information to be deleted, please contact our Privacy Officer. If we refuse to comply with your request, we will let you know why.
- If you are unhappy with any aspect of the manner personal information has been collected or handled by CARJA Yoga, please contact our Privacy Officer using our contact details below.
- We will endeavour to deal with your complaint as quickly and efficiently as possible. However, the length of time will depend on the nature and complexity of the issues you have raised.
- You will receive an acknowledgement of receipt of the complaint from us within five business days. We will give you an estimate of how long it may take us to deal with the matter but we will endeavour to finalise the matter within 30 days.
- If we decide that your complaint is justified, we will then decide what action we should take in response. We will always try to match our response to the nature of your complaint and your desired outcome, but this may not always be possible.
- Some of the things that we may decide to do include:
o take steps to rectify the problem or issue you have raised;
o provide you with additional information or advice so that you can understand what happened and how we have dealt with it;
o take steps to change our policies or procedures if your complaint identifies a problem in the way we are doing things.
Privacy Officer Details
Privacy Officer: Jennifer Tang
Address: Upstairs, 1-11 Elgar Road, Derrimut VIC 3030